Friday, May 15, 2009

Bowling for Ross


It was not an easy decision to start fundraising for Ross's Son-Rise Program. The economic times are not the greatest, and so I do not take people letting go of their money lightly! 

But there is just nothing like the Son-Rise Program. Since we've been doing it here at home, Ross has been doing soooo well. He's giving us a TON more eye contact. He's been asking questions...the other day he answered a "why" question. He wanted the fly swatter and when I asked him, "Why?" he said with his finger on his chin, "Hmmm...because...I need to tap fly." Awesome. I've been specifically working on "why" questions in his playroom. This program has become our miracle and I don't want to do it halfway. So I'm not going to be shy about asking for help. I would always regret it if I didn't.

I intend to write much much more about the program, but I wanted to at least let everyone know we are proud to present our first fundraiser! Bowling at Strike's in Elk Grove on Sunday, May 31st. Anyone can come and eat, drink, and bowl and we'll get 20% of the proceeds. You could come at any time...we'll be there to give you a wristband and you'll be on your way to a rip roaring good time! I thought it would be a fun way to raise some funds. Oh yeah...and business owners can also pay for an advertisement on their big lane screens. 100% of that goes to us.

So thank you, in advance, if you decide to bring your family and friends for some fun on the bowling alley!

Love, Lorna

2 comments:

  1. Lorna -That is so awesome!!! I hope your fundraiser is a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorna you are a very special person. Every child should have parents as wonderful as you and Kevin are. I agree with you when you say you would regret not asking for help.

    ReplyDelete