Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Believe


"What do you see?" I asked Ross as he was looking through his play telescope and I was holding up two of his bouncy balls.


I quickly exclaimed, "Planets! Watch them go 'round and 'round!"


The Son-Rise teacher stopped my video. "Why did you answer the question for him, Lorna?"


Uhhhhh...I don't know. I didn't really know. I thought about it and thought about it and then I realized...I didn't believe Ross would answer me so I answered it for him. I had been doing that a lot. I never really gave him a chance to ever answer me.


Certainly this was going to be something I would work on. PAUSING. Sure enough, if I pause long enough or simply ask Ross again, he answers me! And, of course, that means I get to celebrate it and then Ross has the incentive to answer me faster the next time. This actually works! The techniques I learned at Son-Rise actually WORK! It's so exciting!


So it is the belief that Ross will answer me that helps me help him. This is such a simple concept! I can take it further...if I believe Ross will recover, then I will do everything I need to do to make that happen. I won't ever stop, because I believe.


If I believed everything I've read and everything the "experts" have told me, I could probably just give up now. The truth is, nobody, no matter how well intentioned, knows what Ross is capable of. I'm finding my life MUCH MORE FUN to simply believe.


It really is the first step. Believe.


Whatever it is you want in life, believe you can have it.


Whatever it is you want to do, believe you can do it.


It is in the "beliefs" where you create your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment