Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sooooper ITM (In the Moment)


If I could choose a super hero power, I wouldn't choose mindreading, or superhuman strength. I wouldn't even choose shapeshifting or the ability to become invisible. I would choose being IN THE MOMENT. In the moment, every moment, all of the time. If you've ever tried to stay "in the moment," you know how hard it really is.

I have always believed that this is why children have so much energy. As adults, we are always in awe at how much energy kids have. Well...it's because they are always IN THE MOMENT. They never worry about what so-and-so said OR what they need to do tomorrow. They are constantly present. I find that when I can attain this phenomenon, I, too, have a lot of energy. I'm positive it is because I'm 100% in the moment.

This is something I've been working on for over 10 years now. I'm pretty good at it, actually. But, on occasion, I will still feel myself drift away and miss half of the conversation - I'll miss the moment. I'll have to pull myself back.

In the playroom with Ross, it is crucial to be in the moment. Ross has this uncanny ability to know when you are not.

Although I'm certain I will always be a work in progress, I will put that SuperITM cape on and do my best to be in the moment...always.

No comments:

Post a Comment